This webinar will guide you in establishing the right safety metrics for your organization. You will learn about steps you can implement to improve your organization's safety performance.
Why Should You Attend:
Safety metrics can help discover problems before they negatively impact your employees - and your bottom line. And by selecting the right things to measure, your organization can prevent expensive mistakes in the workplace by fixing any problems before they can impact your business.
But what, exactly, are the right metrics for your organization? Is it the traditional recordable rate, severity rate, cost of accidents, near miss numbers, physical audit scores, or perception surveys? What about leading indicators, trailing indicators, or incident rates. How about the number of accidents or the rise – or fall – in your insurance premiums?
This webinar will present clear and effective steps that you can take to improve safety performance through safety metrics. This course covers the types of measures, developing a performance measurement system, reporting performance measurement to senior management and other topics critical to safety metrics.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Define key terms in safety metrics.
- Develop and apply simple measurement and feedback systems.
- Separate the important things in measurement from the unimportant.
- Select the best safety metrics for your organization.
- Integrate new metrics into safety goals, objectives, and performance appraisals.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Definitions of key terms, such as recordable rate, severity rate, leading indicators, trailing indicators, incident rates, and more.
- How to develop and apply simple measurement and feedback systems.
- How to define desired outputs for safety initiatives and activities.
- How to measure the important things and not waste time on the unimportant.
- How to choose appropriate safety metrics for your organization.
- Why measures of outputs are more important than activity-based measures.
- How inspection and audit findings impact metrics.
- How to integrate new metrics into safety goals, objectives, and performance appraisals.
- Ideas for utilizing measurement techniques to track and improve performance.
Date: September 14, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM-11:00 PM PDT
Cost: $149 per attendee per computer terminal
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.